1. Begin with a rectangular piece of paper. Ordinary loose paper or construction paper will do. We will make a square piece of paper from this. If you’re already starting with a square piece of origami paper, skip the next two steps.
2. Fold the diagonal of the square. Fold the top right hand corner diagonally down so the top of the paper lines up with the left side, forming a point at the top right corner.
3. Remove the extra piece. Cut or carefully tear along the edge so you are left with a square of paper.
4. Fold the square in half. The fold should be parallel to the edges.
5. Fold each half once again. The fold should be parallel to the edges.
6. Fold the ends. Fold the end diagonally, so the edges line up.
7. Repeat. Repeat this fold, on each end of each strip, making sure the folds are oriented as shown.
8. Make the triangle fold. Fold the end on the diagonal again. You should end with a big triangle facing you and two smaller triangles facing away from you.
9. Repeat. Repeat this same fold on each end of each strip. Make sure the orientations go opposite one another, as shown.
10. Turn over only the piece on the left and arrange the two parts, as shown.
11. Put the right piece on top of the left piece. There should be a square in the center of each piece that lines up, but if you can’t find it yet, don’t worry. Just line up the middles.
12. Fold the uppermost point inwards on the diagonal and tuck the point into the pocket.
13. Fold the bottom point upwards on the diagonal and tuck the point into the pocket.
14. Flip the whole thing over.
15. Fold the right point on the diagonal just as before and tuck it into the pocket.
16. Fold the left and final point on the diagonal and tuck it into the last pocket. You may have to coax a little to get it tucked in.
17. Put some tape in the middle of the tucked in middles. This will keep the ninja star from becoming undone.
18. Enjoy your ninja star.
Please leave your comments in the comments section.
Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks for watching!!
Like ! Share ! Comment ! Subscribe !